Saturday, June 11, 2011

Star Trailing

I have been taking an astronomy class this semester and we are required to do 4 big projects so I thought I would share a couple with you. With the help of Bri and google I was able to figure out how to star trail. Of course without my wonderful husband none of it would happen because he drove me laaate at night 30 minutes into the canyon to get away from light pollution...blah blah blah...here are the results from our late night adventures!
And for another project I had to wake up extra early (before the sun rises) and look for Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter.....unfortunately our Provo horizon is a bit too high so I only saw Jupiter...but the picture isn't working out...so never mind. You don't get to see it. 

If you get a chance to try this some time, you should. It was a blast. We probably won't do it for a looong time because of how many time we had to go out and do test shot to make sure it works.

There you have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment